Saturday 10 December 2016

riding past the Barn

When we finally pulled our hips apart
Opened the great door naked and wide
To a summer night that had stumbled into fall
it was the streetlamps speaking
A language I recognized and the friendly bubbles of pavement
Of my home which sung something sweet and it was as if your lips had not left my shoulder and what we thought must grindingly come to a stuttering halt at the end of the line
Continued on into the something beyond what we know

When , after id shown you the parts of me I cannot control
And you laughed at them and their beastliness
And cupped their cheeks and stroked their hair, when
You showed the way to your special places where I was not the first
But where we both felt discovered and discovering there for a moment,
And When the candle was out , when the night whimpered and purred
And when we played the Pandora jazz station because I could not make love to hip hop, when your eyes came in and out and the fear played itself flickeringly there,
When I watched and asked you to look at me as you came, and when we finally reclaimed our separate parts beautified and shining and touched

There was a saxophone playing in the street
I biked on towards home
He was outside the bar where I would be sitting drinking into something
Were you not in my life
And I stopped
And he kept on

“ hey daddy—thank you”
pierced nose and bright eyes

I whooped and rode
wired across my limbs.
And thrumming in my blood
You and your looks and your addiction
Played out

And tonight I am alive to it all

No comments:

Post a Comment