Wednesday 7 December 2016

meeting kb

It was the first rain in months
Not a splitting open of the sky
But the warm dazzle of something shivering off.

She corked her legs around my torso
And said she liked my shape.
Asked me what I was doing
And laughed with something of
Nietzsche and beyonce and the practicality
Of generations in her.
What is it there that burns low and like a flare
Spits out and blinds for a time?
What does it eat in me that makes it glow?
Half the time she looks away, ever moving, full sail

And I am sputtering up her wonderful wake
The flecks of flotsam spurring my desire to
See clearly through that foam
To what appears to be an entire sun
On the horizon. A golden yoke.
To be slurped up. To be worn around


My neck. There are sounds in these first few days
I am unaccustomed too.
Her exasperated sigh at me, at the moments
We seem close enough to touch.
My youthful whimper eeking out

When she pulls her mouth away.

No comments:

Post a Comment