Friday 12 May 2017

everything just takes me there

Unharnessed horse riding
Spiked midnight juleps over
The double life of looking in
the mirror slanted, canted angles of
The body new and formed, muscle toned
Harvesting new life out of an old life,
New nights spent at the bar bending beneath
Racks of dirty glassware to emerge
Halo-topped in the misty history
Of cloud cornices to be strutted
and the great sighing of the city.

Wissahickon runs through it like a vein,
As my soul pulses through the work.
Would that the ivy would crumble these statues
To silence and the trees would spread their hearts
To help us breathe.

She is standing tall, fully clothed,
With a buzzer in her hand and the porcelain
Toilet is cold and the floor is full of the past
And I am choosing here the dark path,
The path of eyes closed, the path of
Slit my throat if that will help you breathe.

The time is shaking itself over and over,
Disbelief over “where it’s at”, droplets of water catching sunlight
Slinking away from the trash like a dog,
A fall, turns into a spring, turns into a summer
And I cannot have another thing I cannot control
While the refusal to choose shade wakes me
at dawn to her sleeping. I always
take a moment at the edge of the bed,
Back bare, breathing deep and dark and my head down,
Then I get up and go to work.

We are knowing ourselves into meaningful existence;
The great choice already made and now only to follow,
Use the right words, hold yourself
to what you have made yourself,
and win,
then it will be full,
Wont it? I haven’t the faintest idea how to produce energy
Without hurting people. The options are nuclear.

Life mimics life; though the body renews itself,
Water pours through like the recycled mires
Of the city’s sewers sold back.
She is she is she,
And while plunging headlong hurts noone else,
The hunt heaps yourself onto yourself, bald pain
Into misdirection and then you’ve got a bad scar
Under bright cloth. You’ve got a bad scar.



No comments:

Post a Comment