Wednesday 8 March 2017

2nd fall

I fall off my bike every Tuesday
Skin shuddering, mouse
Escaping, the red splotch of dirty
Blood perforating the aether.

She is on my thoughts, dead dark
Bark growing soft lapping layer catching
Ivy into cranny fetching,
Batch latching snatch grabbing,
Super warm the chest unfolding,
Level headed head unknowing,
I am hurtling into the city.
I am machinery unworking.
Desire un-origami-ing into lack of tension
Grabbing tension from the folds,
Scolding comfort in its deepest recesses even as,
We are building a house that stands up to the cold,
Even in spring, 60, 70, 20, nothing can penetrate deeper
Than this babe, that
Shelter is needed for life
To keep the skin from skinning off
We’re faling down to earth from above,
We need shelter, we need shelter--

And we’ve got it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment