Tuesday 12 September 2017

thwarted pastoral

Wawa hoagie I tried to steal--
You've got me trying to feel free in
New ways. didn't know my love
Would incage you like the bird
That builds its nest around itself.

Your roommate drinks
Excessively, but holds open a doorway to feeling
You have sternly shut. Your plants grow in resilience to this fact.
The bare white of your house’s walls are a testament.
What would our city say about us?
What symbols live from our love?

I’ve thrown my hat in for a free business dinner.
But otherwise I’m ready to bide my time.
Don't take your thumb off the flame, just yet.
If the pain is too much, I want to gain at least.

Here I am for the blasted winds to salt my face.
Here is a fertile ground, and thorned brambles
Scrabbling for purchase competing with me,
And I am sorry, but I will win.

That is what we share.

No comments:

Post a Comment