Friday 7 June 2019

Winter story

I believe this darkness has a name
That does not have a name, and lord i pray
Not to know it for so long that we are calling
Each other at all; don’t let it make it’s home
Anywhere else inside, metastasize its logic
Through my blood, let me not pump
Memory of this into me.

But though love offers no escape,
Sinking through does,
As if down to a cave beneath the water.
Below the sanity of darkness, is light.

Behind the motel room curtains,
Red lights dazedly drip as they stare
At my naked body just out of the shower.
We are sober together, i hope,
Because they are driving off
And i am settling into a new understanding
Of my same life. It is here not waiting, not calling,
But letting nothing not be it.
Letting me choose, here I am.

This is all of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment